We’ve been having such beautiful weather around here. Even though it has been raining off and on the last week, it still reaches nice temps around here, making it pretty much spring in my book, so I decided it was time to get my living room styled for the new season. Some of you may have seen my spring mantel reveal yesterday on the blog, and as promised I’m sharing the rest of the living room with y’all today.
I always start to brainstorm room makeovers way in advance, so I had been worrying over the types of pillows I was going to replace the old ones with for over a month. I found a few that I really liked a while back, but couldn’t come up with the finishing pieces to make it a cohesive set. Just when I thought were were going to blow our budget on custom pillows (Pillow obsessed here, and I was seriously considering it.) I remembered I had these dhurrie pillows from Ikea sitting in my closet. Whew! I pulled them out and styled them with the rest of the pillows and viola, they were perfect! I think the colors are especially stunning, and since I’m usually one to gravitate towards neutrals only that’s saying a lot. I will admit, these aren’t the softest kilim pillows I’ve ever felt. Actually, I am extremely sensitive to anything rough, like wool, so I may not be the best judge. My husband seems to think they are just fine though! Since they look so great, I’m willing to let my personal discomfort slide this time.
So with my pillow situation under control I was ready to get the rest of the living room decorated. I had two options. I could go out and buy a bunch of new stuff, or shop the house. Since I’m trying to be extremely budget minded this year with all of the renovations on our to-do list, shopping the house won out and I am so glad too, because I found some great piece that I had been hording for a while. Most of them ended up being items I’ve thrifted or found at the flea-market. Once everything was put together, I decided that this is my favorite look in this room yet, and it didn’t cost me much more than the price of a few pretty plants and flowers, so that’s a plus! Oh yeah, and a couple of pillows. Haha!
I know a lot of you really enjoy decorating yourselves, but for those of you that are here and hoping for a bit of insight on how to decorate for spring yourself I thought I’d share a few of the things I look for when pulling items for the spring season.
- Plants. Real or fake, it’s your choice. I like to combine they sometimes, to keep the workload down. I don’t have the greenest thumb, as some of you know.
- A fresh flower arrangement. Anything from tulips to wildflowers will do the trick. I mixed grocery store flowers with some cuttings from my garden to create the arrangement seen below.
- Decor made from natural elements. For example, the wooden candlestick on my mantel, or woven baskets on my coffee table.
- Decor pieces that represent nature. Fore example, the brass geese on the fireplace mantel or the ceramic quails on the coffee & side tables.
- Brightly colored accents. For example, the dhurrie pillows on the couch.
I hope those help you out! See how they all come to play in the pictures below. Enjoy!
Thanks for touring our living room! I hope you like what I came up with, and hopefully you’ll get some inspiration out of it too!
Until next time!
Get the look! (Affiliate links included.)